Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:

Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

As an unabashed TBSer, I'm glad this is here and here are my initial thoughts on our class this year

Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Posts: 11,534
Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award
How're we doing in recruiting? It seems like we're fucking killing it. Here's how I think of it...

QB Commits:
Fuck. I hate Browning, I think he sucks. But whatever, CP is the molder of men at QB.

RB Commits:
Gaskin is fantastic. For some reason I think his name sounds like the name of a clown.

RB Prospects of Note:
Warren would be a great addition, but I'm not as crazy about him as I am about Gaskin. He looks a little like a plodder, but Charlie Strong and Chris Petersen can't both be wrong, can they? Well, can they?

WR Commits:
Renfro is a beast, yet another kid with the name of a clown. Andre "Bacchus" Bacchanalia is a pile of dog shit.

WR Prospects:
Is Jaylinn Hawkins any good? He's aiiight. Kind of looks like Jaydon Mickens-level film to me. Hopefully he can catch. I would like him, but I just don't get a boner for 6-1, 170 WRs unless they look like Charles Frederick on film... oh wait.

TE Commits:
Neal looks good, actually.

OL Commits:
This is where we are killing it the most. Roberts is a stud (probably G), Trey Adams is a fucking stud (probably RT) and seems like he wants to rip someone's head off when he plays. I fucking love Adams. And Hilbers, though he looks like a cancer patient in photos, is an interesting LT prospect. When you combine these guys with what we got on the OL last year (Burleson and McGary included) we look great for the future.

OL Prospects:
It seems like we like that kid Empey. His name makes him sound like a 'tard and his play doesn't inspire. Big Jimmy Empey. Who gives a shit?

DL Commits:
Probably the only area of mild concern. Only have Jasos Scorpios on board right now. I like him--beastie Greek kid from Milpitas--that must be good, right? Myles Rice? You have to love a virtually unrecruited kid who blows out a wheel in his senior year, right?

DL Prospects
I like Potatoe, but I'm not really sure what else we're going to get that's of quality. Seems like we'll get Potatoe (a/k/a Dan Quayle), though. I guess The Royal Manu is the other kid we like. He looks fucking good. Not that I'm the most important TBS voice on the West Coast or anything (let's be honest, I am), but I find myself loving almost every kid Pete targets. The Infernal Pettis was one last year--the kid looked amazing. Turns out he is damn good. Manu is the same.

LB Commits:
Unless there's a Shaq, LBs are pretty much worthless in recruiting. Who the fuck gets excited about Scott Lawyer? There's some undersized white hyphen kid who plays like Sonic the Hedgehog (Benn Hurrrr-Kyoolees) and a short kid named Kyle Idahu or some shit. WGAF? Also a kid with the 1988 rap name of DJ Beavers. DJ Beavers on the wheels of steel will make you say "DAM!"? That's fine with me.

LB Prospects:
WGAF about linebackers? Gabe Reid? I mean who really gives a shit about him?

DB Commits:
Nothing super inspiring here yet. Jordy LaMiller? Okay fine. Whatever. I don't respect anyone who names their kid Jordan. I think the Quinten Pounds commit was a nice one, but don't you ever get frustrated by these names that are incomplete sentences? What the fuck does Quinten Pound? Or is he a currency started by British Mobsters in California prisons in the 1930s? Can't figure that shit out.

DB Prospects:
Can't see anyone in particular on the radar. Fuck 'em.

The Rest:
With Chico's "Sensible Clothing for Women" McClatcher, Potatoe and "Austin "Potentially Too Soon to Make a M-P Shooter Joke" Joyner still on the board in-state, I think we're in great shape with all those guys. Joyner is fucking great. Did you notice how Pete fucking closed the deal with McGary and Baker last year? I did too.

I think we are in good shape to close on a lot of these kids.

The one real upside to this class, so far as I see it, is that if we get both Rex and Kyler Manu (unrelated, don't be rayciss!) we can debut the "Manu Manu" Defense as a tribute to the fallen Robin Williams (RIP) and there will be not a dry eye in Husky Stadium as they bring both guys out in Ork costumes, while the band plays the theme to Mork & Mindy.
GrundleStiltzkinPurpleBazeRoadDawg55haieGladstoneHeretoBeatmyChestFreeChavezMad_SonpawzdoogvilleDooglesbackthepack

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Posts: 5,591
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Tequillla Long, Didn't fucking Read.
    Dennis_DeYoungGrundleStiltzkinPurpleBazewhatshouldicareaboutdoogsinparadisePostGameOrangeSlices
  • TheGlove said:

Tequillla Long, Didn't fucking Read.

It's a breezy read, give it a shot!
    HeretoBeatmyChestFreeChavezDooglesSpoogeDawg
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Posts: 13,308
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    I'm glad you already know how good these players are without having even played a college snap.

What is it about Browning that you don't like besides the 600000 TDs he has thrown in his 3 years of HS ball?
    Dennis_DeYounghaiedncFreeChavezdoogsinparadise
  • H_DH_D Posts: 5,628
    Swaye's Wigwam 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes

I'm glad you already know how good these players are without having even played a college snap.

What is it about Browning that you don't like besides the 600000 TDs he has thrown in his 3 years of HS ball?

I've heard that he is afraid to compete with other elite talent and has an arm prone to overuse.
    Dennis_DeYoungGrundleStiltzkinMisterEmdnc
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Posts: 11,534
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award
    edited November 2014

Gawd, what the fuck is this? Doogman? TRUST THE COACHES!!! Bah.

So, we are going to the 2009 dm rules where all you can do is say nice things about the kids and fluff them? Fuck that.

I watched his film and I think he sucks. Don't like his ball placement, I think his arm is average, don't think he throws with a lot of anticipation and I think he's a system guy. How's that?

Stats are for loooooooooooooosers and in HS stats are for white kids at white kid high schools and Tyler Ebell, who was basically a white kid. Fuck stats. I just think he sucks. IDGAF if he went to camps or whatever. I like Bowers better.

He's the only kid in our class I don't like.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Posts: 18,403
    Standard Supporter 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    Really good stuff on Quentin Pounds. That was funny.

I have no idea if Browning is good, but I think you raise some good points. Where you play QB in high school matters. What system you play in matters. Look no further than the Skyline guys. Heaps has been a huge bust and was beat out by a true freshman at Miami to close his career. Browne will probably never start a game for USC unless Kessler leaves after this season (he won't). Both guys put up monster stats in high school because they had great high school WR's, played in a great system, and played a bunch of shitty teams.

Rattling off stats or saying Nick Saban offered Browning is fluff. Nick Saban also offered Nick Montana. Cooper Bateman is Alabama's 3rd or 4th string QB. Not every QB offered by Saban is good. I like Browning because Petersen said he had a good feeling about him. I think there is probably 50% chance Browning is a starting QB at UW. Miles, Williams, or Carta-Samuels will likely be the starter next year. If any of them play decently, they will likely start in 2016 as well. It could be 2017 or 2018 before Browning is competing for the job. By then, there will be a couple more TBS QB recruits that fans are drooling over.
    Dennis_DeYoungGrundleStiltzkinHeretoBeatmyChestdnc
  • sarktasticsarktastic Posts: 6,880
    You left out Joyner as a DB commit. He's gonna be a fucking beast.
  • H_DH_D Posts: 5,628
    Swaye's Wigwam 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    @DerekJohnson: Can you give @Dennis_DeYoung a weekly recruiting blog column?
    doogville
  • You left out Joyner as a DB commit. He's gonna be a fucking beast.

This is not the WSU site you seem to think you're on.
    doogville
    Joyner is a Husky commit following the Bishop Sankey recruiting method.
    Dennis_DeYoungdncSlocusHeretoBeatmyChest
  • Joyner is a Husky commit following the Bishop Sankey recruiting method.

Don't we have to have Ekmeister question his toughness and say they don't really want him because they have Jesse Callier and Deontae Cooper, but they might take him, but they don't think he's tough enough before we can really say that?

Maybe we don't. Fuck it. He's a commit. He's great, too.
    doogville
  • Sounds like UW is making a real push on Rex Manu. Oregon will be tough to beat but we'll see. UW with the big poly community could have a shot and sounds like UW is working him harder than Oregon.

Manu is a highly rated 3* guy. He looks like a man already in his photo and thats enough for me. Getting this guy would be huge. Would be a great fit for DT. You could have him, Vea and Qualls playing at DT.
    Dennis_DeYoung
  • Sounds like UW is making a real push on Rex Manu. Oregon will be tough to beat but we'll see. UW with the big poly community could have a shot and sounds like UW is working him harder than Oregon.

Manu is a highly rated 3* guy. He looks like a man already in his photo and thats enough for me. Getting this guy would be huge. Would be a great fit for DT. You could have him, Vea and Qualls playing at DT.

Personally, I never put guys together like that "Vea, Qualls, Manu" etc. It's just 'get as many good guys as you can, develop them and let the chips fall where they may' for me.

I've rarely seen a class that really went on to play together or things working out as they might in a speculative manner. I don't know who will play together and who won't. I just want as manu (get it?) tough, talented fuckers together as humanly possible.

That said, @HeretoBeatmyChest‌ - I love The Royal Manu (the other half of the Manu Manu D I'm indifferent about).
    HeretoBeatmyChest
  • jecorneljecornel Posts: 4,215
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Won't know anything about a recruitng class for three years....this is like pissing in the wind....you might as well squeeze in a rounds of call of duty Dennis.
    Dennis_DeYoungdnc

Joyner is a Husky commit following the Bishop Sankey recruiting method.

Don't we have to have Ekmeister question his toughness and say they don't really want him because they have Jesse Callier and Deontae Cooper, but they might take him, but they don't think he's tough enough before we can really say that?

Maybe we don't. Fuck it. He's a commit. He's great, too.
    He is a DB. Ask him. He tells everyone who will listen. He will start as a freshman. Sark didn't listen. tLPT refuse to listen. Leach did and in Bishoplike fashion, jumped on Leach's offer and publicity a Pac-12 commitment brings.

Peterman listens and as a result, Joyner is listening too.

hth.
    edited November 2014
  • jecornel said:

Won't know anything about a recruitng class for three years....this is like pissing in the wind....you might as well squeeze in a rounds of call of duty Dennis.

Maybe there's another site you might feel more comfortable on where people read the recruiting board and say you can't judge anyone until three years from now even though they're reading the recruiting board.
    CokeGreaterThanPepsidncFreeChavez
  • SwayeSwaye Posts: 18,859
    Swaye's Wigwam Solar Eclipse Donator 10000 Comments 250 Answers

jecornel said:

Well if you're going to be a

Pillow dong. Who knew?
    FreeChavezguntlove