Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Show your support for what this community means to you:


Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)



Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

Fab 5 freshman who won't redshirt this year

2»

Comments

  • WeakarmCobraWeakarmCobra Posts: 4,077
    Swaye's Wigwam 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    Love needs another year in the weight room. This years freshman man class came physically more ready to play collegeball
    Neighbor2972NeGgaPlEaSe
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Posts: 5,347
    Standard Supporter 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Up Votes

    Love needs another year in the weight room. This years freshman man class came physically more ready to play collegeball

    Every year they do
    NeGgaPlEaSe
  • dncdnc Posts: 28,830
    Standard Supporter 25000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award

    dnc said:

    NEsnake12 said:

    Not sure if I'm a fan of stacking 6 DBs all into the same graduating class... with Murphy, Glichrist, and Love having all redshirted last season

    A few or more will end up leaving early anyway. At least this will spare us from seeing Dotson during garbage time.
    A few or more?

    There won't be more than a few of those 6 DB's leaving early. At most Murphy and Molden and maybe one other emerges to that level.
    So a few or more is still correct, cool.
    A few at most

    I'd set the o/u at 1.5
  • BreadBread Posts: 777
    250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes 500 Comments
    dnc said:

    dnc said:

    NEsnake12 said:

    Not sure if I'm a fan of stacking 6 DBs all into the same graduating class... with Murphy, Glichrist, and Love having all redshirted last season

    A few or more will end up leaving early anyway. At least this will spare us from seeing Dotson during garbage time.
    A few or more?

    There won't be more than a few of those 6 DB's leaving early. At most Murphy and Molden and maybe one other emerges to that level.
    So a few or more is still correct, cool.
    A few at most

    I'd set the o/u at 1.5
    I take that bet. Pete loves redshirts. We have decent -great dbs if he didnt think these guys would make an impact now and likely be gone in 3 years he wouldn't play them.
    NeGgaPlEaSe
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Posts: 6,575
    Standard Supporter 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes

    Offensive skill players and cornerbacks shouldn't be redshirted.

    Because if they are any good they'll leave after year 4 or they should be recruited over.

    Everyone else should unless you have a depth crisis or they are a true freak.

    So everyone should redshirt unless your good.

    NSPOTY
    Pitchfork51
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Posts: 5,347
    Standard Supporter 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

    Offensive skill players and cornerbacks shouldn't be redshirted.

    Because if they are any good they'll leave after year 4 or they should be recruited over.

    Everyone else should unless you have a depth crisis or they are a true freak.

    So everyone should redshirt unless your good.

    NSPOTY
    Nah the rest need an off-season to work harder than ever.
  • TequillaTequilla Posts: 12,607
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    dnc said:

    Tequilla said:

    dnc said:

    All three DB's playing is not good news.

    Chinteresting he didn't list TMFJ. Lenius must have showed enough that they think they might be able to redshirt him.

    This is what happens when you lose 3 starters and 2 of whom are underclassmen.

    You lose Walker this offseason and decent chance JoJo could consider leaving (lesser chance that Miller balls out and leaves but it's definitely greater than a 0% chance).

    What's more likely with the DBs is as follows:

    1) they will get some Special Teams run

    2) potentially a bad sign for DBs in the RS Frosh and Soph ranks ... specifically guys like Kentrell Love
    Disagree.

    I don't think they were the least bit caught off guard by the departures. They knew Budda was a three year player from day one, and they knew it with SMFJ at least halfway through his sophomore year. They planned for those guys to leave.

    It's bad news especially considering a) the emergence of a walkon to be a viable member of the 2 deeps b) they moved Dotson to DB from offense. If all three frosh are playing despite all that, it means your last point about Love and the frosh/soph DB's is a good one. And that's not good.
    Who said that they were caught off guard?

    Miles Bryant was caught in a numbers game with his graduating class and essentially was offered a preferred walk-on spot and as soon as room opened up for him to get/earn a scholarship he got one. He'll contribute and is far from your "typical" walk on.

    Dotson was moved from RB because he sucked. Because Pete doesn't run off players per se, they offered him a chance to go to the secondary and see if his athleticism translated ... it doesn't. It's not that Dotson isn't a good athlete because he is ... he just sucks at football.

    I love Kent Love's film out of HS ... let's just say at the fall practices that I went to he didn't make a favorable impression on me and seemed to be running low on the depth chart. That doesn't mean that he won't develop into a player or that the light won't go on at some point ... but it does mean that if he's playing this year in anything more than garbage time that's probably not a good thing for our secondary.
    Neighbor2972NeGgaPlEaSeEdwin_BambinoMisterEm
  • dncdnc Posts: 28,830
    Standard Supporter 25000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award
    edited August 26
    Tequilla said:

    dnc said:

    Tequilla said:

    dnc said:

    All three DB's playing is not good news.

    Chinteresting he didn't list TMFJ. Lenius must have showed enough that they think they might be able to redshirt him.

    This is what happens when you lose 3 starters and 2 of whom are underclassmen.

    You lose Walker this offseason and decent chance JoJo could consider leaving (lesser chance that Miller balls out and leaves but it's definitely greater than a 0% chance).

    What's more likely with the DBs is as follows:

    1) they will get some Special Teams run

    2) potentially a bad sign for DBs in the RS Frosh and Soph ranks ... specifically guys like Kentrell Love
    Disagree.

    I don't think they were the least bit caught off guard by the departures. They knew Budda was a three year player from day one, and they knew it with SMFJ at least halfway through his sophomore year. They planned for those guys to leave.

    It's bad news especially considering a) the emergence of a walkon to be a viable member of the 2 deeps b) they moved Dotson to DB from offense. If all three frosh are playing despite all that, it means your last point about Love and the frosh/soph DB's is a good one. And that's not good.
    Who said that they were caught off guard?

    Miles Bryant was caught in a numbers game with his graduating class and essentially was offered a preferred walk-on spot and as soon as room opened up for him to get/earn a scholarship he got one. He'll contribute and is far from your "typical" walk on.

    Dotson was moved from RB because he sucked. Because Pete doesn't run off players per se, they offered him a chance to go to the secondary and see if his athleticism translated ... it doesn't. It's not that Dotson isn't a good athlete because he is ... he just sucks at football.

    I love Kent Love's film out of HS ... let's just say at the fall practices that I went to he didn't make a favorable impression on me and seemed to be running low on the depth chart. That doesn't mean that he won't develop into a player or that the light won't go on at some point ... but it does mean that if he's playing this year in anything more than garbage time that's probably not a good thing for our secondary.
    That was the implication when you bring up two guys leaving early. Otherwise you'd just say "this is what happens when you lose three starters." The "leaving early" is added for effect to suggest it was unexpected. The coaches knew they were leaving early and planned accordingly. Them leaving early has nothing to do with this.
    Tequilla
  • TequillaTequilla Posts: 12,607
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    dnc said:

    Tequilla said:

    dnc said:

    Tequilla said:

    dnc said:

    All three DB's playing is not good news.

    Chinteresting he didn't list TMFJ. Lenius must have showed enough that they think they might be able to redshirt him.

    This is what happens when you lose 3 starters and 2 of whom are underclassmen.

    You lose Walker this offseason and decent chance JoJo could consider leaving (lesser chance that Miller balls out and leaves but it's definitely greater than a 0% chance).

    What's more likely with the DBs is as follows:

    1) they will get some Special Teams run

    2) potentially a bad sign for DBs in the RS Frosh and Soph ranks ... specifically guys like Kentrell Love
    Disagree.

    I don't think they were the least bit caught off guard by the departures. They knew Budda was a three year player from day one, and they knew it with SMFJ at least halfway through his sophomore year. They planned for those guys to leave.

    It's bad news especially considering a) the emergence of a walkon to be a viable member of the 2 deeps b) they moved Dotson to DB from offense. If all three frosh are playing despite all that, it means your last point about Love and the frosh/soph DB's is a good one. And that's not good.
    Who said that they were caught off guard?

    Miles Bryant was caught in a numbers game with his graduating class and essentially was offered a preferred walk-on spot and as soon as room opened up for him to get/earn a scholarship he got one. He'll contribute and is far from your "typical" walk on.

    Dotson was moved from RB because he sucked. Because Pete doesn't run off players per se, they offered him a chance to go to the secondary and see if his athleticism translated ... it doesn't. It's not that Dotson isn't a good athlete because he is ... he just sucks at football.

    I love Kent Love's film out of HS ... let's just say at the fall practices that I went to he didn't make a favorable impression on me and seemed to be running low on the depth chart. That doesn't mean that he won't develop into a player or that the light won't go on at some point ... but it does mean that if he's playing this year in anything more than garbage time that's probably not a good thing for our secondary.
    That was the implication when you bring up two guys leaving early. Otherwise you'd just say "this is what happens when you lose three starters." The "leaving early" is added for effect to suggest it was unexpected. The coaches knew they were leaving early and planned accordingly. Them leaving early has nothing to do with this.
    That's reading way too much into what I said ...

    This is a common problem at a lot of top schools ... guys leave early and the next wave likely will as well ... get them game reps if they prove they are ready for it.
    TierbsHsotBoobs
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Posts: 2,063
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

    This thread reads like Doogman.

    Play the best players. Period.

    Win or GTFO.

    Oh, no shit?

    People are trying to figure out what it means that all three true freshmen DBs are among those best.
    doogvillehaie
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Posts: 8,529
    Swaye's Wigwam 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes

    This thread reads like Doogman.

    Play the best players. Period.

    Win or GTFO.

    Oh, no shit?

    People are trying to figure out what it means that all three true freshmen DBs are among those best.
    It means their among the best.

    HTH
    NeGgaPlEaSehaieTierbsHsotBoobsRoadDawg55
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Posts: 2,831
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    It means Molden and Murphy Starting for the next 3 years and will be first round picks and then it starts over
    RubberfistGrundleStiltzkinsection8TierbsHsotBoobs
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Posts: 2,063
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

    This thread reads like Doogman.

    Play the best players. Period.

    Win or GTFO.

    Oh, no shit?

    People are trying to figure out what it means that all three true freshmen DBs are among those best.
    It means their among the best.

    HTH
    *They're.

    haieTierbsHsotBoobsdnc
  • haiehaie Posts: 4,074
    Standard Supporter 250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Awesomes

    This thread reads like Doogman.

    Play the best players. Period.

    Win or GTFO.

    Oh, no shit?

    People are trying to figure out what it means that all three true freshmen DBs are among those best.
    It means their among the best.

    HTH
    *They're.

    *they're
    whlinderdncFremontTroll
Sign In or Register to comment.