Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Show your support for what this community means to you:


Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)



Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

Da fuq?

1567810

Comments

  • SledogSledog Posts: 3,806
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

    Benjamin Franklin
    AZDuck
  • SledogSledog Posts: 3,806
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    edited November 9
    Call me Quadicus!
    23376277_1981226578817916_5042559547174692123_n.jpg
    720 x 720 - 50K
    AZDuckphineas
  • SledogSledog Posts: 3,806
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

    Dude61 said:

    salemcoog said:

    Eventually taking measures to protect dozens of Americans from being massacred should trump taking away the fun of unloading 30 rounds in 3 seconds at a target in the woods. You’d think that Congress would have gotten it after the mother of all turkey shoots happened in Vegas. The sad thing is that they still trot out the same tired statement when it happened again Sunday. I guess if it doesn’t happen to your family friends or coworkers than it didn’t happen at all.

    Citizens being armed with assault rifles will never stop tyranny in this day and age. If our government wanted to crack down on us, they could do it anytime.

    AR 15s have two functions in life. To unload a bunch of rounds with some buddies in the woods. Or to mow down innocent Americans out living their life.

    So considering that, who in their right mind can still support further legal purchase of these weapons?

    It was a private citizen armed with an AR-15 that stopped the shooter in Texas. Government failed to do its job on multiple levels in allowing the shooting to happen in the first place.
    The shooter had already cleared the church, including walking up and down the aisles. nothing was stopped.
    Wrong again.

    http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Inside-the-Texas-church-she-thought-it-was-her-12337562.php?cmpid=twitter-mobile
    TierbsHsotBoobs
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Posts: 4,337
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    @Sledog has gone full quad shit poast retard.

    FRANNY!!!
    TierbsHsotBoobsUWhuskytskeetRedRocketAZDuck
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Posts: 36,482
    Swaye's Wigwam 25000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Agrees
    Sledog said:

    If the NRA doesn't take the lead on keeping guns out of the hands of assholes like the one in Texas, it's going to be done for them. As a gun owner with a brain, I can read the fucking Tea Leaves. Fix it before it's fixed by Libs, for all of us.

    The U.S. government failed in this case but somehow a private organization could have stopped it?
    That private organization is doing all it can to encourage these mass shootings.

    Hope this helps.
    GrundleStiltzkinRaceBannonMikeDamoneAZDuckphineas
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Posts: 7,964
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

    Dude61 said:

    salemcoog said:

    Eventually taking measures to protect dozens of Americans from being massacred should trump taking away the fun of unloading 30 rounds in 3 seconds at a target in the woods. You’d think that Congress would have gotten it after the mother of all turkey shoots happened in Vegas. The sad thing is that they still trot out the same tired statement when it happened again Sunday. I guess if it doesn’t happen to your family friends or coworkers than it didn’t happen at all.

    Citizens being armed with assault rifles will never stop tyranny in this day and age. If our government wanted to crack down on us, they could do it anytime.

    AR 15s have two functions in life. To unload a bunch of rounds with some buddies in the woods. Or to mow down innocent Americans out living their life.

    So considering that, who in their right mind can still support further legal purchase of these weapons?

    It was a private citizen armed with an AR-15 that stopped the shooter in Texas. Government failed to do its job on multiple levels in allowing the shooting to happen in the first place.
    The shooter had already cleared the church, including walking up and down the aisles. nothing was stopped.
    which kind of begs the question, monday morning quarterbacking it:

    There have been multiple reports on TV from 'experts' at how to handle things if one is caught in one of these horrific events. And the message is always the same: Determine immediately fight or flight.

    My guess is the parishioners hunkered down beneath the pews 60's Nuke Bomb exercise style. Hard to believe SOMEONE didn't make a break for the doors or try to jump the guy.

    Even with an automatic weapon, a shooter can't fire 360 degrees all at once.

    Vegas was a totally different situation, so don't twist. But I gotta think out of 50 people, maybe 5 could have mounted an assault.

    GrundleStiltzkin
  • Dude61Dude61 Posts: 292
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers 250 Awesomes 250 Up Votes

    Dude61 said:

    salemcoog said:

    Eventually taking measures to protect dozens of Americans from being massacred should trump taking away the fun of unloading 30 rounds in 3 seconds at a target in the woods. You’d think that Congress would have gotten it after the mother of all turkey shoots happened in Vegas. The sad thing is that they still trot out the same tired statement when it happened again Sunday. I guess if it doesn’t happen to your family friends or coworkers than it didn’t happen at all.

    Citizens being armed with assault rifles will never stop tyranny in this day and age. If our government wanted to crack down on us, they could do it anytime.

    AR 15s have two functions in life. To unload a bunch of rounds with some buddies in the woods. Or to mow down innocent Americans out living their life.

    So considering that, who in their right mind can still support further legal purchase of these weapons?

    It was a private citizen armed with an AR-15 that stopped the shooter in Texas. Government failed to do its job on multiple levels in allowing the shooting to happen in the first place.
    The shooter had already cleared the church, including walking up and down the aisles. nothing was stopped.
    which kind of begs the question, monday morning quarterbacking it:

    There have been multiple reports on TV from 'experts' at how to handle things if one is caught in one of these horrific events. And the message is always the same: Determine immediately fight or flight.

    My guess is the parishioners hunkered down beneath the pews 60's Nuke Bomb exercise style. Hard to believe SOMEONE didn't make a break for the doors or try to jump the guy.

    Even with an automatic weapon, a shooter can't fire 360 degrees all at once.

    Vegas was a totally different situation, so don't twist. But I gotta think out of 50 people, maybe 5 could have mounted an assault.

    Some could have mounted an assault and were mowed down in the process.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Posts: 25,757
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    10 pages and they all still dead


    See you at the next one!
    AZDuckTierbsHsotBoobsphineas
  • AZDuckAZDuck Posts: 13,043
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award

    If the NRA doesn't take the lead on keeping guns out of the hands of assholes like the one in Texas, it's going to be done for them. As a gun owner with a brain, I can read the fucking Tea Leaves. Fix it before it's fixed by Libs, for all of us.

    image
    TierbsHsotBoobsMikeDamone
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 3,541
    Standard Supporter 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes

    10 pages and they all still dead


    See you at the next one!

    That was pretty much response after seeing the news story break last Sunday. My reaction was "Meh" - on to the next one.
    TierbsHsotBoobs
  • AZDuckAZDuck Posts: 13,043
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award
    Mosster47 said:

    salemcoog said:

    Eventually taking measures to protect dozens of Americans from being massacred should trump taking away the fun of unloading 30 rounds in 3 seconds at a target in the woods. You’d think that Congress would have gotten it after the mother of all turkey shoots happened in Vegas. The sad thing is that they still trot out the same tired statement when it happened again Sunday. I guess if it doesn’t happen to your family friends or coworkers than it didn’t happen at all.

    Citizens being armed with assault rifles will never stop tyranny in this day and age. If our government wanted to crack down on us, they could do it anytime.

    AR 15s have two functions in life. To unload a bunch of rounds with some buddies in the woods. Or to mow down innocent Americans out living their life.

    So considering that, who in their right mind can still support further legal purchase of these weapons?

    Well said.

    As to the the general populous taking on the military it wouldn't even be a contest and it's set up that way. Every military installation inside of the continental US is stockpiled to last seven days without resupply. There is a firearm for every citizen in the country. Most military bases have a tiny small arm supply.

    We are designed to unite far away or unite in regions to take on others. If there was a true revolution the military would put up a fight for a few days, but that's it.
    The only way a revolution would succeed in the US would be the same way a revolution has succeeded in pretty much every other country ever - if the military or a substantial portion of the military, sided with the revolution.

    Can't speak to the Air Force, but every Army installation has an ASP with a substantial supply of ammunition and we keep the armored vehicles at home station and fall in on forward deployed stocks overseas when we deploy there. Alarge base like Fort Lewis has enough manpower, airpower and bang to take down pretty much every country in the world except Russia, China, Japan, the Koreas, and the larger NATO countries.

    Bunch of people with AR's = would get beaten pretty quickly without anti-armor and anti aircraft assets, which they would have to get from a military installation.

    YellowSnowRedRocketUWhuskytskeetTierbsHsotBoobsMikeDamone
  • AZDuckAZDuck Posts: 13,043
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award
    Here's the deal:

    Mass shooter comes into your church/work area/gay bathhouse.

    Assume you're strapped with a semi-automatic pistol. Assume you actually know what you're doing with the damn thing and that you've had some training on firearm handling, safety and use.

    That means you've got it on safe, with no round chambered, in a concealed holster.

    So, anyway, shooter comes in with AR-15, blazing away. If he doesn't hit you before you even have a chance to react, you still have to draw, take your weapon off safe, and chamber a round, with the usual noise that goes along with that.

    The only people I know that should walk around with a round chambered are FBI agents and police detectives, who spend 10 hours in shoot rooms and ranges every week. If that isn't you, you better not have a round chambered in public. If you don't spend lots of time at the range, you maybe shouldn't have a round chambered, no matter how awesome you think you are.

    Even the pros fuck up:

    image

    So, if shooter hasn't gotten you yet - you now get to aim and fire your short-barrel pistol at the shooter from a range going from anywhere 1 to 30 yards. Again, accuracy depends on practice. How stable are your hands going to be? How sure are you that the guy you are shooting at is the target? What if someone else just drew, and sees you with a pistol in hand and thinks *you're* the shooter? What if the police storm in at that moment, and see you with a drawn pistol ready to fire?

    Seem far-fetched? Think again.

    In the Gabby Giffords mass killing, that asshole had just been disarmed by an UNARMED BYSTANDER while re-loading his 33-round magazine (again, what if he only had 7-9 rounds rather than 33?). There was a guy with a pistol and a conceal/carry permit who was about to fire on the shooter, but who chose not to draw and assisted the unarmed bystanders with his weapon holstered. He could have been gunned down by police arriving on the scene had he drawn his weapon.

    The armed vigilante fantasy is just that.
    YellowSnowRedRocketGrundleStiltzkinUWhuskytskeetTierbsHsotBoobsSledogMikeDamonephineas
  • dfleadflea Posts: 2,339
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes
    But Sledog moves pretty fast when he isn't weighed down with a full Depends.
    AZDuckTierbsHsotBoobsRedRocketMikeDamoneWoofsalemcoog
  • SledogSledog Posts: 3,806
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    edited November 9
    AZDuck said:

    Here's the deal:

    Mass shooter comes into your church/work area/gay bathhouse.

    Assume you're strapped with a semi-automatic pistol. Assume you actually know what you're doing with the damn thing and that you've had some training on firearm handling, safety and use.

    That means you've got it on safe, with no round chambered, in a concealed holster.

    So, anyway, shooter comes in with AR-15, blazing away. If he doesn't hit you before you even have a chance to react, you still have to draw, take your weapon off safe, and chamber a round, with the usual noise that goes along with that.

    The only people I know that should walk around with a round chambered are FBI agents and police detectives, who spend 10 hours in shoot rooms and ranges every week. If that isn't you, you better not have a round chambered in public. If you don't spend lots of time at the range, you maybe shouldn't have a round chambered, no matter how awesome you think you are.

    Even the pros fuck up:

    image

    So, if shooter hasn't gotten you yet - you now get to aim and fire your short-barrel pistol at the shooter from a range going from anywhere 1 to 30 yards. Again, accuracy depends on practice. How stable are your hands going to be? How sure are you that the guy you are shooting at is the target? What if someone else just drew, and sees you with a pistol in hand and thinks *you're* the shooter? What if the police storm in at that moment, and see you with a drawn pistol ready to fire?

    Seem far-fetched? Think again.

    In the Gabby Giffords mass killing, that asshole had just been disarmed by an UNARMED BYSTANDER while re-loading his 33-round magazine (again, what if he only had 7-9 rounds rather than 33?). There was a guy with a pistol and a conceal/carry permit who was about to fire on the shooter, but who chose not to draw and assisted the unarmed bystanders with his weapon holstered. He could have been gunned down by police arriving on the scene had he drawn his weapon.

    The armed vigilante fantasy is just that.

    You obviously know exactly bupkiss about firearms and using them. Holy fuck where did you ever get such bullshit?
    23172492_687133301481360_1200302940230511568_n.jpg
    750 x 495 - 55K
    AZDuck
  • SledogSledog Posts: 3,806
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

    Sledog said:

    If the NRA doesn't take the lead on keeping guns out of the hands of assholes like the one in Texas, it's going to be done for them. As a gun owner with a brain, I can read the fucking Tea Leaves. Fix it before it's fixed by Libs, for all of us.

    The U.S. government failed in this case but somehow a private organization could have stopped it?
    That private organization is doing all it can to encourage these mass shootings.

    Hope this helps.
    Yeah sure they have. Link?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Posts: 13,043
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award
    Sledog said:

    AZDuck said:

    Here's the deal:

    Mass shooter comes into your church/work area/gay bathhouse.

    Assume you're strapped with a semi-automatic pistol. Assume you actually know what you're doing with the damn thing and that you've had some training on firearm handling, safety and use.

    That means you've got it on safe, with no round chambered, in a concealed holster.

    So, anyway, shooter comes in with AR-15, blazing away. If he doesn't hit you before you even have a chance to react, you still have to draw, take your weapon off safe, and chamber a round, with the usual noise that goes along with that.

    The only people I know that should walk around with a round chambered are FBI agents and police detectives, who spend 10 hours in shoot rooms and ranges every week. If that isn't you, you better not have a round chambered in public. If you don't spend lots of time at the range, you maybe shouldn't have a round chambered, no matter how awesome you think you are.

    Even the pros fuck up:

    image

    So, if shooter hasn't gotten you yet - you now get to aim and fire your short-barrel pistol at the shooter from a range going from anywhere 1 to 30 yards. Again, accuracy depends on practice. How stable are your hands going to be? How sure are you that the guy you are shooting at is the target? What if someone else just drew, and sees you with a pistol in hand and thinks *you're* the shooter? What if the police storm in at that moment, and see you with a drawn pistol ready to fire?

    Seem far-fetched? Think again.

    In the Gabby Giffords mass killing, that asshole had just been disarmed by an UNARMED BYSTANDER while re-loading his 33-round magazine (again, what if he only had 7-9 rounds rather than 33?). There was a guy with a pistol and a conceal/carry permit who was about to fire on the shooter, but who chose not to draw and assisted the unarmed bystanders with his weapon holstered. He could have been gunned down by police arriving on the scene had he drawn his weapon.

    The armed vigilante fantasy is just that.

    You obviously know exactly bupkiss about firearms and using them. Holy fuck where did you ever get such bullshit?
    Well, I'm no Superior Court trained firearms sandwich artist. But I do know a few agents and they pretty much all agree with me and get really irritated when they see chuckleheads exercising their carry "right" while flashing people with their muzzles and generally not handling their weapons with the appropriate level of care.

    I've also been in some situations where rapid deployment of firearms was called for and let's just say that even people with a goodly amount of training and range experience have variable responses in the real world use of deadly force.

    but... you know...

    image
    MikeDamone
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Posts: 4,337
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

    Mosster47 said:

    salemcoog said:

    Eventually taking measures to protect dozens of Americans from being massacred should trump taking away the fun of unloading 30 rounds in 3 seconds at a target in the woods. You’d think that Congress would have gotten it after the mother of all turkey shoots happened in Vegas. The sad thing is that they still trot out the same tired statement when it happened again Sunday. I guess if it doesn’t happen to your family friends or coworkers than it didn’t happen at all.

    Citizens being armed with assault rifles will never stop tyranny in this day and age. If our government wanted to crack down on us, they could do it anytime.

    AR 15s have two functions in life. To unload a bunch of rounds with some buddies in the woods. Or to mow down innocent Americans out living their life.

    So considering that, who in their right mind can still support further legal purchase of these weapons?

    Well said.

    As to the the general populous taking on the military it wouldn't even be a contest and it's set up that way. Every military installation inside of the continental US is stockpiled to last seven days without resupply. There is a firearm for every citizen in the country. Most military bases have a tiny small arm supply.

    We are designed to unite far away or unite in regions to take on others. If there was a true revolution the military would put up a fight for a few days, but that's it.
    The only way a revolution would succeed in the US would be the same way a revolution has succeeded in pretty much every other country ever - if the military or a substantial portion of the military, sided with the revolution.

    Can't speak to the Air Force, but every Army installation has an ASP with a substantial supply of ammunition and we keep the armored vehicles at home station and fall in on forward deployed stocks overseas when we deploy there. Alarge base like Fort Lewis has enough manpower, airpower and bang to take down pretty much every country in the world except Russia, China, Japan, the Koreas, and the larger NATO countries.

    Bunch of people with AR's = would get beaten pretty quickly without anti-armor and anti aircraft assets, which they would have to get from a military installation.

    Food comes from outside the gate.

  • SledogSledog Posts: 3,806
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

    Sledog said:

    AZDuck said:

    Here's the deal:

    Mass shooter comes into your church/work area/gay bathhouse.

    Assume you're strapped with a semi-automatic pistol. Assume you actually know what you're doing with the damn thing and that you've had some training on firearm handling, safety and use.

    That means you've got it on safe, with no round chambered, in a concealed holster.

    So, anyway, shooter comes in with AR-15, blazing away. If he doesn't hit you before you even have a chance to react, you still have to draw, take your weapon off safe, and chamber a round, with the usual noise that goes along with that.

    The only people I know that should walk around with a round chambered are FBI agents and police detectives, who spend 10 hours in shoot rooms and ranges every week. If that isn't you, you better not have a round chambered in public. If you don't spend lots of time at the range, you maybe shouldn't have a round chambered, no matter how awesome you think you are.

    Even the pros fuck up:

    image

    So, if shooter hasn't gotten you yet - you now get to aim and fire your short-barrel pistol at the shooter from a range going from anywhere 1 to 30 yards. Again, accuracy depends on practice. How stable are your hands going to be? How sure are you that the guy you are shooting at is the target? What if someone else just drew, and sees you with a pistol in hand and thinks *you're* the shooter? What if the police storm in at that moment, and see you with a drawn pistol ready to fire?

    Seem far-fetched? Think again.

    In the Gabby Giffords mass killing, that asshole had just been disarmed by an UNARMED BYSTANDER while re-loading his 33-round magazine (again, what if he only had 7-9 rounds rather than 33?). There was a guy with a pistol and a conceal/carry permit who was about to fire on the shooter, but who chose not to draw and assisted the unarmed bystanders with his weapon holstered. He could have been gunned down by police arriving on the scene had he drawn his weapon.

    The armed vigilante fantasy is just that.

    You obviously know exactly bupkiss about firearms and using them. Holy fuck where did you ever get such bullshit?
    Well, I'm no Superior Court trained firearms sandwich artist. But I do know a few agents and they pretty much all agree with me and get really irritated when they see chuckleheads exercising their carry "right" while flashing people with their muzzles and generally not handling their weapons with the appropriate level of care.

    I've also been in some situations where rapid deployment of firearms was called for and let's just say that even people with a goodly amount of training and range experience have variable responses in the real world use of deadly force.

    but... you know...

    image
    FBI= Famous But Incompetent. Most are lawyers and accountants. Outside HRT etc. who were recruited out of the better military assignments. Know a few good ones.

    Yes I do know and have more than a "goodly amount" of training and experience in the real world including when guns come out and actually get used. I personally knew 3 people that have been murdered by firearms and know more that didn't die. But I'm glad your an expert by osmosis.
    AZDuck
Sign In or Register to comment.