Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:

Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

M.J. Tafisi, 3* 2018 ILB, Sandy (Alta), UT (COMMITTED)

Welp - I suppose this officially signals we are to our second tier of players.

So this guy is fine, but he's small and it obviously signals our descent into the depths of our second tier at LB.

If Gregory doesn't get Kaho, he should get the boot.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4257357/59c840caff01dc11406b9a78
backthepack

Comments

• I actually don't hate him anywhere near as much as I did before watching his Hudl, but the fact that we're giving up on real impact croots over some gnome from Sandy Vag, UT means Gregory needs to GTFO. Watch this kid choose Oregon over us in the end anyway because crazy eyes Bob is busy murdering vagrants up and down the I5.
    backthepackguntloveEdwin_Bambino
  • TequillaTequilla Posts: 12,803
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    I’ll be interested in the post mortem after this class is over at the LB position ... definitely feels like a strange year for us in this regard

Calling for Gregory to be fired feels a little much right now ... but this recruiting class isn’t looking to be his finest
    bananasnblondesEdwin_BambinoNeighbor2972whatshouldicareabout
  • WeakarmCobraWeakarmCobra Posts: 4,269
    Swaye's Wigwam 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    Isn't LB like one of the easiest positions to recruit for?
    Dennis_DeYoung
    Never underestimate the impact of depth charts in recruiting
  • BallzDeepBallzDeep Posts: 1,175
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    LB recruiting is going swell I see. Seriously though it shouldn't be this fucking difficult at this point. Best defense in the Pac three years in a row. Currently the #1 defense in the nation. Gregory needs to get his shit together or get his old ass out. Cort Dennison anybody?
    Neighbor2972guntlovebackthepackDennis_DeYoung
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Posts: 2,149
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Yeah because UW's depth chart is loaded with 5* recruits just waiting for their chance.
    BallzDeepdncbackthepackDennis_DeYoung
  • According to his Junior Hudl he had 200 tackles last year, and 16 TFL...

I counted like 6 TFL in the only 3 minutes of highlights. Either his stats are getting seriously padded or whoever put together the highlights is lazy as shit
  • WeakarmCobraWeakarmCobra Posts: 4,269
    Swaye's Wigwam 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes

According to his Junior Hudl he had 200 tackles last year, and 16 TFL...

I counted like 6 TFL in the only 3 minutes of highlights. Either his stats are getting seriously padded or whoever put together the highlights is lazy as shit

10 of those TFLs were in the shower after the games. Just guys being guys. Nothing wrong with that.
    If true, pedostate might be a better fit

Tequilla said:

Depth charts don't matter. Elite programs with elite recruiters stockpile big time croots. If depth charts mattered even a little bit we would have landed Tuipulotu and Tufele.
    I slightly disagree with this ...

It’s far from an ALWAYS type of situation but it’s assuredly not a NEVER situation ...

Our bigger problem in this regard is that until we are sufficiently able to expand our geographic footprint a bit to expand the number of elite players that are considering us, we can/will have blips in the radar if we strike out with those in our geographic area ...

Where Dennis and I agree in terms of recruiting logistics is that there are areas where we are more likely to be successful than not. However, I tend to be a little more of a numbers guy in that if we can expand our reach to go from maybe needing to get 1 of 5 guys to 1 in 8 guys that will go a long way in building up the back half of the roster

10 of those TFLs were in the shower after the games. Just guys being guys. Nothing wrong with that.
    If true, pedostate might be a better fit
    If? Are you questioning my sources? Why, I never...
    WeakarmCobrabackthepack

@rhythmicslappingdawg??? TRUE???
    Ice_Holmvik
  • Doogles said:

Yeah let's fire the guy that keeps churning out all pac linebackers because he can't seduce a 16 year old that turns you on.

I'd love to live in this alternate reality. Do you really think Bierria's play warrants All-Pac 12 this year? Do you happen to know Azeem Victor's whereabouts? Do you think this program has such a high star that BBK will be All-Pac just because he's starting for us?
    backthepackMad_Son
  • Shoutout to the guy praising our All-World linebackers. How do you think they did in run defense today? I'm seriously asking because I poked my eyes out after just 5 minutes.
    backthepackDennis_DeYoungMad_Son
  • backthepackbackthepack Posts: 5,191
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    This is why we suck
    MrsPetersenDennis_DeYoung