Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.
FS Great Compromise of 1787 - Looking at the numbers
Lot of bitching back and forth these days between the BLUE and RED states about who's getting the shaft. Thought it would be worthwhile to look back quickly at the numbers.
1790 US Census (Data included people counted at 3/5 of one human)
- Average Population of the 3 most populous states (23% of the states at the time): 506,000
- Average Population of the 3 least populous states: 69,000
- So the average large population state was 7.3 times more populous in 1790 than the average low population state.
2010 US Census Data
- Average Population of the 10 most populous states (20% of the states at the time): 16.6 million
- Average Population of the 10 least populous states: 887,000
- The average large population state in 2010 was 18.7 times more populous than the average low population state.
I know you small (mostly RED) states grow a lot of food, extract a lot of minerals and energy, so TYFYS, but you certainly aren't getting fucked over by the federal government.