Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:

Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

2019 Recruiting Bored (this will be continually updated)

Comments

• dnc said:

Will the 2019 class end up better than 2018? Discuss.

Here's my best guess based on in state talent and kids we seem to be in on early. Obviously things change quickly, ups and downs, etc, etc

2018 - top 15 (once some schools pass us in the late signing period)
    2019 - top 10
    2020 - top 5
    I think the stars are lining up for Peterman to make a real push for a natty in 2021 and 2022. Man the rest of the pac-12 is fucked.
    dncRhythmicSlappingDawg
  • dncdnc Posts: 30,665
    Standard Supporter 25000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award

dnc said:

Here's my best guess based on in state talent and kids we seem to be in on early. Obviously things change quickly, ups and downs, etc, etc

2019 - top 10
    2020 - top 5
    I think the stars are lining up for Peterman to make a real push for a natty in 2021 and 2022. Man the rest of the pac-12 is fucked.
    2023 will be special!
    Dennis_DeYoungEsophagealFeces
  • No way we ever get a top 5 class...recruiting services are too tilted to the East Coast, with the only top rated kids on the West Coast being in LA. Doesn't mean we won't get great classes though.

If this class had Togiai and Harrison, what would our rank be?
  • No way we ever get a top 5 class...recruiting services are too tilted to the East Coast, with the only top rated kids on the West Coast being in LA. Doesn't mean we won't get great classes though.

After Feb signing period probably 10th.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Posts: 14,087
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Isn't Gee Scott Jr 2020?
    Dennis_DeYoungRhythmicSlappingDawgdnc

247 has a calculator for these kind of scenarios.

Adding those two to the current commits would give UW a score of 259.65, good enough for 9th.
  • Passion said:

Swaye said:

No way we ever get a top 5 class...recruiting services are too tilted to the East Coast, with the only top rated kids on the West Coast being in LA. Doesn't mean we won't get great classes though.

247 has a calculator for these kind of scenarios.

Adding those two to the current commits would give UW a score of 259.65, good enough for 9th.
    Dom Hampton rated as the second lowest recruit in the class is fucking laughable.
    Honestly, it's hard to look at any of these guys and predict that they will suck. Perhaps the RB, but that's about it.

There are more than a few 3-star "raw talent" guys, but you gotta drool over the possibilities. Guys like Liu and Ale know very little about the technical aspects of their positions, but their athletic ability is off the charts.

Ale is 360-fucking-pounds with quick hands (boxing champion) and a rugby background (running).

Liu played RB in high school and his highlight tape shows him making moves and having enough speed to get to the corner with the ball in his hands. One clip shows him going up high to snag a pass in the endzone.

In years past I wouldn't have given much chance for Sark or willingham (puke) assistants to develop such raw ability. But Petersen and Kwiatkowski? The sky is the limit for kids like this, if they're coachable and willing to work.
    Concur, peterman slowly raising the overall talent of the roster. It took dabo couple of 10+ season to build his program (plus he gets to recruit in the south). Peterman doing the same thing, but his recruiting territory is more barren of DL
    guntloveRhythmicSlappingDawg
  • AEBAEB Posts: 1,893
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

2019 - top 10
    2020 - top 5
    Savell Smalls all day e'ry day
    Finna be savage
    dncRhythmicSlappingDawgEsophagealFeces
  • AEB said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

2019 - top 10
    2020 - top 5
    Finna be savage
    I want to be excited about Smalls, but he said on Instagram Stanford is his dream school and I'm just not going to get invested in a kid who wants to be Fozzy 2.0.
    WeakarmCobraRhythmicSlappingDawgGladstoneEsophagealFecesBaldwinIV
  • AEB said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

2019 - top 10
    2020 - top 5
    Finna be savage
    I want to be excited about Smalls, but he said on Instagram Stanford is his dream school and I'm just not going to get invested in a kid who wants to be Fozzy 2.0.
    Loser mentality. Fuck, some of you guys still have Stockholm from the dark ages. I hadn't witnessed the really UW until the past 2 years. He's a local kid from Seattle and we are an elite progrum. If we don't get him it's a failure and someone needs to be fired.
    Edwin_BambinoEsophagealFeces
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Posts: 14,087
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    edited December 2017
    Is Gee Scott Jr 2020 or not guys??
  • Is Gee Scott Jr 2020 or not guys??

He's 2020
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Posts: 2,955
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

No way we ever get a top 5 class...recruiting services are too tilted to the East Coast, with the only top rated kids on the West Coast being in LA. Doesn't mean we won't get great classes though.

But it also doesn't matter when you look at the kids he's bringing in and developing. He did the same thing at BSU when he sent so many kids to the NFL from a WAC school. Pete really does have a knack for finding kids willing to work vs just the kids who show up well on a highlight package. Rankings are fun to see, but it's good to have athletes showing up on campus. Offseason natty's sure are fun in February December, but it's nice to know each year we're not just filling a class with kids vs getting "lowly" 3*'s that CP has targeted.

But it also doesn't matter when you look at the kids he's bringing in and developing. He did the same thing at BSU when he sent so many kids to the NFL from a WAC school. Pete really does have a knack for finding kids willing to work vs just the kids who show up well on a highlight package. Rankings are fun to see, but it's good to have athletes showing up on campus. Offseason natty's sure are fun in February December, but it's nice to know each year we're not just filling a class with kids vs getting "lowly" 3*'s that CP has targeted.
    WRONG.

At this level, everyone basically knows who the good kids are. We are whittling down the guys inside that group we feel are especially suited to our program, but in general we are playing on the same playing field as anyone else.

If we can get 3-4 top-10 type classes, we are going to get close to where we were in the early 90s.

We need top level classes. I don't know if we need to get #1 or #2 that doesn't mean shit. But we can probably get into that second tier below Bama/USC etc.

Again - just look at Clemson. We can do the same thing.
    RhythmicSlappingDawgEsophagealFecesNeighbor2972
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Posts: 2,955
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

WRONG.

At this level, everyone basically knows who the good kids are. We are whittling down the guys inside that group we feel are especially suited to our program, but in general we are playing on the same playing field as anyone else.

If we can get 3-4 top-10 type classes, we are going to get close to where we were in the early 90s.

We need top level classes. I don't know if we need to get #1 or #2 that doesn't mean shit. But we can probably get into that second tier below Bama/USC etc.

Again - just look at Clemson. We can do the same thing.
    So you're saying I'm wrong? Watch out or next time i'll go for the spokes.
    Dennis_DeYoungRhythmicSlappingDawgSwayeEsophagealFeces