Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:

Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

Lubick -- Er, Bonerpop couch update: Phil Longo edition

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Posts: 13,276
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    If this has been poasted elsewhere, please forgive me. Or fuck off. Anyway, I like what he has to say about the run game.

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi/ole-miss-football-rebels-phil-longo-air-raid-shea-patterson

SECC: You’re going up to Washington State?

PL: “Yeah, I’ll be heading to Pullman next week, go see Mike and watch some of the things they’re doing.”

SECC: Obviously, Leach has heavily influenced how you run an offense. How does your specific version of the Air Raid compare to others who run it?

PL: “At some point I feel like it’s important to have an emphasis on the run game. I don’t particularly care if we throw or run it 70 times to win a game… As long as it’s what the defense is giving us, I’m all for it. From a pass game standpoint, it is all Air Raid. From an offensive philosophy standpoint, it’s all that philosophy — chasing space. I think the run game is what makes it a little different. The tempo, a smaller play list, are some things that’re the most similar. Mike is the purest. He’s going to run it the same way, and they’re going to be really good at it. Kliff Kingsbury on the other hand is a great creativity guy. He thinks outside the box. He’s able to scheme up some wrinkles that are touchdown plays each week. And I think he’s one of the best at doing that. I probably fall somewhere in between the two of them in terms of approach.”
    backthepackdncNorwegianHuskyNeighbor2972
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Posts: 51
    100 Awesomes 25 Up Votes 10 Comments Name Dropper
    Don't understand this. Why leave Ole Miss OC to be co-OC somewhere, at best? Unless you realize w/ sanctions and Matt Luke you are headed for disaster, I guess. Still, you'd think he could pull an OC gig elsewhere.

Really, though, appears right now to be almost everything I *don't* want: white, on a staff that already leans white. Air Raid devotee. I'm all for getting guys in space, etc., but don't want a pass-happy offense with that mesh shit. Pass. You tell me he's a great recruiter, okay. Do that. But I'd rather be a little boring and thump teams with kind of running game we saw vs. CU, WSU, etc., than run the Air Raid.
    uziRhythmicSlappingDawg
  • TequillaTequilla Posts: 12,832
    Ole Miss is about to head into a period of massive hell ... that's a dumpster fire if you're any kind of coach worth avoiding going forward
    backthepack
  • GladstoneGladstone Posts: 11,382
    Every time I read 'air raid' I shudder and remember Lake's quote. No thanks.
    backthepackuzi
  • dncdnc Posts: 29,535
    Standard Supporter 25000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award
    Saracen said:

I get that his situation in OM is perhaps not ideal. However:

- He's currently making $600k a year, this year that would put him at 4th highest paid assistant behind Kwiatkowski, Smith, and Lake. Bhonapha made $330k. And none of this is even factoring in the Oxford to Seattle cost of living hike. It's hard to imagine coming to UW would be anything but a significant pay cut.

- He's being mentioned as OC candidate for several P5 schools - Mizzou is one, but there's a ton of talk about South Carolina. Apparently he has ties with Muschamp.

- He has zero ties to Petersen and/or UW. 81% of coaching hires normally have at least some type of tangental connection. And virtually every hire Petersen has made has fit that.

The Twitter action is undeniable and indicates that something is up, but this whole thing is really odd.

He was on staff with Lubick for ten days.

That's the closest connection we've got.

Only thing that makes sense is the two of them kept some kind of connection after Lubick left and Lubick reached back out after the shit hit the fan in Oxford.

Agreed he ain't coming cheap. He actually makes $500,000 this year but $700,000 next year (average of $600k on a two year deal).
    backthepackSaracen
  • BallzDeepBallzDeep Posts: 1,213
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

@tvoie asked if he’s a solid coach and recruiter...

@dnc shared some stats earlier and I’ll say this about recruiting. He went on a visit yesterday to California to see Matt Corral (committed to Florida, one of the top QBs in the country) and immediately about a half dozen crystal balls came in for Corral to flip to Ole Miss.

#MyNansen
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Posts: 371
    250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes Third Anniversary
    edited December 7
    As expected, UCF OC/WR coach Troy Walters is heading to NU with Frost. I assume this means Lubick is staying for now.
    https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-sean-beckton-troy-walters-scott-frost-coaching-staff
    Neighbor2972
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Posts: 13,276

Apparently this news just hit the subscribers over at Dawgman, hahaha. It only took a little over a week for them to figure it out!

I'll wait for Fleens to report on this a week from now.
    TommySQCCFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Posts: 26,435
    Swaye's Wigwam 25000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary

Apparently this news just hit the subscribers over at Dawgman, hahaha. It only took a little over a week for them to figure it out!

Huh?

This instant classic is now on the Classics bored
    RhythmicSlappingDawgCFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • MeekMeek Posts: 3,851
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    edited December 14
    Vea on Saquon in el Fiesta Bowel

or is that Togiai's coach welcoming Urb to Pocatello the other night?
  • SwayeSwaye Posts: 19,973
    Swaye's Wigwam Solar Eclipse Donator 10000 Comments 250 Answers

Huh?

This version of BTP is so much better than the original.
    RhythmicSlappingDawgPurpleBazeRaceBannon
  • edited December 14
    Swaye said:

Huh?

This version of BTP is so much better than the original.
    The gender reassignment surgery did wonders for the content.

SwayeMisterEm