Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:

Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

2019 Recruiting Bored (this will be continually updated)

Comments

• No way we ever get a top 5 class...recruiting services are too tilted to the East Coast, with the only top rated kids on the West Coast being in LA. Doesn't mean we won't get great classes though.

But it also doesn't matter when you look at the kids he's bringing in and developing. He did the same thing at BSU when he sent so many kids to the NFL from a WAC school. Pete really does have a knack for finding kids willing to work vs just the kids who show up well on a highlight package. Rankings are fun to see, but it's good to have athletes showing up on campus. Offseason natty's sure are fun in February December, but it's nice to know each year we're not just filling a class with kids vs getting "lowly" 3*'s that CP has targeted.
    WRONG.

At this level, everyone basically knows who the good kids are. We are whittling down the guys inside that group we feel are especially suited to our program, but in general we are playing on the same playing field as anyone else.

If we can get 3-4 top-10 type classes, we are going to get close to where we were in the early 90s.

We need top level classes. I don't know if we need to get #1 or #2 that doesn't mean shit. But we can probably get into that second tier below Bama/USC etc.

Again - just look at Clemson. We can do the same thing.
    So you're saying I'm wrong? Watch out or next time i'll go for the spokes.
    YOU WOULDN'T DARE!!
    FreeChavezGrundleStiltzkindncRhythmicSlappingDawg
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 4,156
    Standard Supporter 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    Can we get this updated to reflect which kids are FS and SS?
    dncRhythmicSlappingDawgDennis_DeYoungEsophagealFeces
  • SwayeSwaye Posts: 20,812
    Swaye's Wigwam Solar Eclipse Donator 10000 Comments 250 Answers
    dnc said:

Assuming we take around 19 in 19, here's a way too early rough projection of what that could look like. If I get half of these right I'd be extremely lucky, but for the fun of it...Really hard to know how many we'll need at various positions without knowing all the couch sales between now and then, but I'll do my best to get in the ballpark.

QB 1 - Morris
    RB 2 (maybe 3) - Jones (please God), Mincy (if we get an RB coach who fucks we can do better for 2nd RB, as long as Bonerpopper is still here this is an optimistic pairing)
    WR 2 (maybe 3 if there's a mass exodus of kids DDY hates) - Ngata, Delgado (probably dooging to think we get both but Lubick fucks so fuck it). Something to keep in mind, Kyle Ford is from Anaheim and #TeamLightSkin. He's probably all USC, but...
    BTE 0
    WTE 1 - Jude Wolfe. Probably USC's if they really want him, but I'm guessing they'll be after bigger fish. If they don't get him I think we have a real shot. Probably a battle with UCLA.
    OL 4 - Kalepo, Elder (we have to offer eventually), Miller, Davison
    DT 2 - Ika, Jernigan
    OLB 3 - Legg, Moore (Would love to see us get some bigger fish but that hasn't been the pattern for Buck), Lolohea
    ILB 2 - Tufono, someone else (probably Poly)
    DB 4 - Criddel, Chase, two other dudes

So yeah that's 21 and I don't see any position there that is an obvious candidate to take less. Maybe 3 OL instead of 4? The rest seem pretty necessary. Will be chinteresting to see what kind of movement there is internally.

That's 10 offensive kids, 11 defensive, 7 in state kids, 6 Cali kids, 2 from UT, 1 from HI, 1 from Tx, 1 from CO, 8 American black kids (!), 1 African, 5 whites, 4 polys, plus 3 other defenders from unspecified origins. So I'm probably too optimistic on the black kids from Cali. Everything else looks doable though.

That class would be stupid good and I can't see it but I hope I'm wrong.
    dncRhythmicSlappingDawgEsophagealFecestheknowledge
  • TurdBufferTurdBuffer Posts: 4,215
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    I don't know how you TBS fags find the stamina to stalk so many young men, in so many states, 24/7/365. It's really quite a feat. And disturbing. But all for the common good, so keep up the dirty work. Fags.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Posts: 778
    250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes 500 Comments

I don't know how you TBS fags find the stamina to stalk so many young men, in so many states, 24/7/365. It's really quite a feat. And disturbing. But all for the common good, so keep up the dirty work. Fags.

You must be a closet TBS’er fag since you is poasting and checking the TBS boreds
    RhythmicSlappingDawgUW_Doog_Bot
  • TurdBufferTurdBuffer Posts: 4,215
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

You must be a closet TBS’er fag since you is poasting and checking the TBS boreds
    I just like to watch. Whatever that makes me, I'll own it.
    RhythmicSlappingDawg
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Posts: 754
    250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes 500 Comments
    dnc said:

Assuming we take around 19 in 19, here's a way too early rough projection of what that could look like. If I get half of these right I'd be extremely lucky, but for the fun of it...Really hard to know how many we'll need at various positions without knowing all the couch sales between now and then, but I'll do my best to get in the ballpark.

QB 1 - Morris
    RB 2 (maybe 3) - Jones (please God), Mincy (if we get an RB coach who fucks we can do better for 2nd RB, as long as Bonerpopper is still here this is an optimistic pairing)
    WR 2 (maybe 3 if there's a mass exodus of kids DDY hates) - Ngata, Delgado (probably dooging to think we get both but Lubick fucks so fuck it). Something to keep in mind, Kyle Ford is from Anaheim and #TeamLightSkin. He's probably all USC, but...
    BTE 0
    WTE 1 - Jude Wolfe. Probably USC's if they really want him, but I'm guessing they'll be after bigger fish. If they don't get him I think we have a real shot. Probably a battle with UCLA.
    DT 2 - Ika, Jernigan
    OLB 3 - Legg, Moore (Would love to see us get some bigger fish but that hasn't been the pattern for Buck), Lolohea

So yeah that's 21 and I don't see any position there that is an obvious candidate to take less. Maybe 3 OL instead of 4? The rest seem pretty necessary. Will be chinteresting to see what kind of movement there is internally.

That's 10 offensive kids, 11 defensive, 7 in state kids, 6 Cali kids, 2 from UT, 1 from HI, 1 from Tx, 1 from CO, 8 American black kids (!), 1 African, 5 whites, 4 polys, plus 3 other defenders from unspecified origins. So I'm probably too optimistic on the black kids from Cali. Everything else looks doable though.

I doubt we get 11 commits from who we offered already.
  • dncdnc Posts: 30,665
    Standard Supporter 25000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award

dnc said:

QB 1 - Morris
    BTE 0
    DT 2 - Ika, Jernigan

I doubt we get 11 commits from who we offered already.
    " If I get half of these right I'd be extremely lucky"
    SwayeUW_Doog_Bot
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

QB 1 - Morris
    BTE 0
    DT 2 - Ika, Jernigan

"If I get half of these right I'd be extremely lucky"
    SwayeNEsnake12RhythmicSlappingDawgUW_Doog_Bot
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Posts: 1,572
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

QB 1 - Morris
    BTE 0
    DT 2 - Ika, Jernigan

And I think the reason for that is because there will inevitably be a bunch of kids who aren’t even on our current TBS radar who will sign with UW. Whether it be because they’re late bloomers, backup plans, or unexpected reaches.

For example I don’t think Kaho, Newton, Curne, Tafisi, Liu, Hampton we’re talked about at all on here before at least the spring.
    dncRhythmicSlappingDawg
    NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

QB 1 - Morris
    BTE 0
    DT 2 - Ika, Jernigan

And I think the reason for that is because there will inevitably be a bunch of kids who aren’t even on our current TBS radar who will sign with UW. Whether it be because they’re late bloomers, backup plans, or unexpected reaches.

For example I don’t think Kaho, Newton, Curne, Tafisi, Liu, Hampton we’re talked about at all on here before at least the spring.
    Taimani may not have been either.
    RhythmicSlappingDawg
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Posts: 71
    100 Up Votes 100 Awesomes 10 Comments Name Dropper
    I like this Charbonnet fella.